Thursday, March 27, 2014

Corner Kicks

We've all been a part of this particular set piece as soccer players. Even if we aren't selected to take the corner kick for our team, our positioning on the field is still vital. I've taken many corner kicks in my playing experience and I play defense. Some people are against this school of thought because it sacrifices a defender from the opposing counter attack. On this note, who do you think should take the corner kick and why?

Throughout history many extremely talented players have been the ones to take the corners for their team. From David Beckham to Xavi Hernandez; the objective is roughly the same, to create a goal-scoring opportunity. My favorite corners were taken by David Beckham when he played, I tried to model my corners after his and paid very close attention to his signature technique and form. What player (current or past) do you think takes the best corners?

Here's a fun link to a video posted by Bwin of Manchester United's latest midfielder: Juan Mata.
 Try it out! See what you can score.

I hope to hear from you all soon, be sure to email or tweet at me for potential blog topics. Hope to hear from you all soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment