Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Champions League

As you all know, the Champions League is well under way. Eight clubs remain in the competition and if you've been following you all know that soon, only four will remain. Here's the great question, Who do you think will advance through this round?

The first set of matches have been played and won, but yet two fixtures remain tied. Manchester United v. Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid v. Barcelona. Who out of these four teams do you think will advance?
I honestly didn't think Manchester United would be having as troubled of a season as they have been. However, I think if they strike quickly and precisely during the opening stages of the match, they could secure a win in Munich. (Although it would be extremely difficult). Bayern is my pick to make it through this round, they tend to be dominant throughout all aspects of the game, and I don't know as if that will change any time soon. As for the second fixture I want to focus on, I think that Atletico Madrid will struggle with a healthy FC Barcelona. After the recent transfer scandal that Barca is facing; I am certain that they will attempt to win as many trophies as physically possible with the team they have, as a means to keep their current players happy. Happy players more times than not, stick with their current club. Barcelona is going to have a rough year if players leave and they aren't allowed to sign any more in the transfer market because of their penalization. Back to Champions League business, I think that Barcelona will advance, however they will need to use their players resourcefully as a means to keep them healthy.

Let me know what you think!
Who is going to win it all?
Who will advance into the next round?
Do you disagree with any of my assumptions about football clubs? If so, let me know! I love a good soccer debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment